Exhibitor Registration Deadline August 24, 2018
Do you desire a place in the runway show? Do you have a salon that’s breaking from the norm and creating incredibly exciting hair artistry? Maybe you’re a student with an edge and head for hair, makeup, and fashion. Taste of Style is an exciting platform for creatively driven stylists and students to stretch and showcase their talents, offering an opportunity to express their vision through hair artistry and fantasy concepts. Our theme this year is “Roll the Dice, Pass Go to Eliminate Hunger” and your designs must fit that theme in order for you to participate. Check out our previous years’ events and stylists’ creations in our galleries. If you are inspired to give it a try and create something fabulous, simply click on the 2018 Entry Form on the right, print it out, and send it to:
Taste of Style, 101 SW Main St. #140, Portland, OR 97204
Please read the Exhibitor Guidelines at the bottom of this page.
This is a spectacular way for you, as artists in your field, to challenge and promote yourselves and to bring your diverse creative skill to serve the greater well-being of our community. At the same time that you are fulfilling your potential, you are helping to meet the needs of the many people facing food insecurity in Oregon.
Exhibitors arrive at 2:00 p.m.
Doors open to the public at 5:30 p.m. – Event starts at 6:00 p.m.
Refundable entry donation held with a credit card: Professionals $100 – Students $50
(Credit cards will only be charged in event of a no-shows)
EXHIBITION GALA RULES AND GUIDELINES
- Taste of Style is about creating a total fantasy hair design harmonized with makeup and fashion. Your aim is to achieve the most innovative fantasy image.
- Your presentation should embody the theme “Taste of Style.”
- The project is a fantasy hair look. Fantasy is defined as “not reality”, a look that is not worn in the real world.
- This is a runway presentation voted on by event judges.
- Model presentation is very important. Judging will be based on the following criteria:
- Creativity of design and vision for a total look
- Quality of workmanship with hair
- Balanced shape and form
- Presentations will incorporate music provided by Taste of Style Board.
- Makeup and attire must complement the hairstyle. Remember, this is a hair fashion gala. Black clothing only to highlight your work. Let’s offer the audience beauty, glamour and fashion.
- Hair may include coloring, hairpieces, wigs and weaves (no limit). The style should be at least 60% hair with no more than 40% accessories.
- Participants must choose and provide their own models and be responsible for all costs associated with the exhibit. Models must be at least 18 years of age.
- Entrants are responsible for their own models once the show has concluded.
- Models must sign a release form on the day of the event for Taste of Style/Oregon Food Bank.
- A dressing room will be provided for final touch ups. We ask that you come to the event with hair and makeup near completion.
- Absolutely no one will be allowed in the prep room except contestants and models. No exceptions. Please conduct yourself with respect for this event, OFB, and the audience.